Thursday, May 22, 2008

Am I the Only One?

So, I think I am the only person in the world who does not watch American Idol! I just never got in to it. Truth is, I never really saw down and watched it. I have heard all the updates this week on the morning talk shows (and I mean ALL the talk shows!). Even the home page of our newspaper web site has the winner front and center today. What is the rage?

I do like some reality TV. I watched Survivor this season and loved it. I love Jon & Kate Plus 8, but the singing thing, I don't get. Someone please tell me why America loves this show so much?

I even read that Disney's Hollywood Studios (formerly MGM) is opening an exhibit in January called The American Idol Experience! (Side thought, Disney is owned by ABC and American Idol runs on FOX so how is this possible!?!)

Anyhoo, not sure if I have a real point to this post, just talking out loud today I guess (dang Pneumonia, I can't think straight--ha!)

2 comments:

Amelia said...

You are not alone. I don't watch it either!!

Dena said...

Aw, I love American Idol! I've watched every season. There are some seasons that haven't been so great and didn't produce big stars, but getting Carrie Underwood out of the show makes it all worth it to me. I love her. I enjoyed this season and I picked the winner very early on. I think he'll do very well in the pop world.