Tuesday, May 13, 2008

Liking the Green Tea

As I posted last week, I am trying to do more healthy things in my life to fight anxiety (since coming off Effexor). One of my new things is drinking a cup of hot green tea each afternoon. (Now, being from the South you would think I love swee tea, but truth is, I am not a tea drinker -- and I am so picky when it comes to new foods so this is huge for me!)

Last week, they announced that adding a bit of citrus juice (I have chosen lemon juice) to green tea will boost the benefits: http://www.drweil.com/drw/u/ART02914/How-to-Boost-Green-Tea-Benefits.html

Speaking of worry, here's a new quote I found and love:

The wind was against them now, and Piglet's ears streamed behind him like banners as he fought his way along, and it seemed hours before he got them into the shelter of the Hundred Acre Wood and they stood up straigh again, to listen, a little nervously, to the roaring of the gale among the tree tops.

Supposing a tree fell down, Pooh, when we were underneath it?"

"Supposing it didn't," said Pooh after careful thought.

(A.A. Miline, The House at Pooh Corner, 1928)

1 comment:

nola said...

I love the citrus green teas!