Tuesday, May 06, 2008

Worry doesn't help tomorrow's troubles...

So, for those who don't personally know me, I'll let you in a little secret. I am a HUGE worry wort. I blow things out of proportion until they fester in my mind, and I reach panic. Fun, uh?

In the past, I have taken anxiety meds (Zoloft and Effexor), but I've decided to beat this drug free. I'm currently reading a few books on anxiety, exercising more often, taking vitamins, trying to build up my confidence, drinking less caffefine, and practice breathing techniques.

Anyhoo...I know from time to time we all "worry" about something, so here are a few quotes I picked up along the way, and wanted to share with you:

Stop worrying about the potholes in the road and celebrate the journey! Barbara Hoffman

It is awfully hard to be b-b-brave," said Piglet, "when you are only a Very Small Animal."

Worry doesn't help tomorrow's troubles, but it does ruin today's happiness. Unknown

If you can't sleep, then get up and do something instead of lying there and worrying. It's the worry that gets you, not the loss of sleep. Dale Carnegie

It ain't no use putting up your umbrella till it rains. Alice Caldwell Rice

Worry gives a small thing a big shadow. Sweedish Proverb


No comments: