Monday, June 30, 2008

To V or Not to V?

To V, or not to V: that is the question...

The vasectomy that is.

Although my husband is willing and ready, I can't make up my mind.

Truth be told, two kids are a handful, but something about a third baby seems so right to me.

A little background...my hubby is approaching 44 and I am soon to be 36. I know our ages should tell us to stop. Factor in our limited income (I work part-time). And, consider the fact I almost died during childbirth with my second child.

I should be ready to say "NO MORE BABIES!" But I'm not. Yes, I know, I know...I have a boy and a girl...one of each...I should be satisfied, right?

But I'm not.

Friends aren't much help (bless them for trying). They will tell me "Oh, vasectomies are reversable today!" True, but at a high cost and with a low success rate.

So someone please tell me, how do I make this decision, and feel comfortable with that decision? Oh Shakespeare, share your wisdom with me!

Originally posted April 21, 2008 at:

http://anotheronlinemom.blogspot.com/2008/04/to-v-or-not-to-v.html

2 comments:

Jules said...

hhmm, hard call...I have no clue sister!

nola said...

This seems like one of those, You'll Know answers. If you have to ask, the answer is Not to V.