Monday, July 14, 2008

Dang Mosquito!

Tonight, I was on the back patio grilling chicken and beef kabobs. I could tell some bugs were around but didn't think twice.

So fast forward a few minutes...the family sits down to eat, and hubby and mom look at me like they had seen a ghost. They both scream out, "Wow, what happened to your head!?"

Come to find out I had a HUGE knot on my head. Mom immediately said, "Oh take a Benadryl, you must be allergic!". (Now my mom blames everything on allergies--she is a hypochondric when it comes to allergies!)

I replied, "You know, Tommy did hit me on the head earlier today with a toy so maybe it's just a bump from that but to be safe I will take a Bendaryl."

Then I sat down at my PC, and plugged in "Allergic Mosquito Bite" and found this photo: http://www.andreaharner.com/archives/NantucketLaborDay3.jpg

My hubby and I just laughed. I mean, OMG, it's exactly the same location and size of my bite! I could not take a better picture of my own forehead. Ha--Who knew!?!

And the sad part--last week I had purchased some of the new OFF SMOOTH & DRY bug spray for my hubby (for when he does the yard work) and it's just sitting in the garage.

7 comments:

Kate said...

I'm allergic and it sucks! My bites get huge and so itchy.

Hope yours doesn't get too big!

Sandy C. said...

Yup, my mosquito bites look just like that...sometimes worse :( I hope you find some relief soon. I tend to wear Bug-n-Sun lotion that has bug repellent and sunblock throughout summer. Those mosquitos think I have chocolate running through my veins :(

nola said...

Youch!

Allyson & Dave said...

I have that happen before. You should by the Off that is made to spray on your deck and patio. We used that in the Bahamas and it works great and you don't have to spray it on you. It comes in a huge bottle.

Jules said...

OMG, that is crazy!!!

I have a friend whos daughter really IS allergic to mosquitos...she get really bad bumps and they swell and pulse etc...and get pussy and she scratches and, well, you know the rest.

Toni said...

I go through so much mosquito spray and Hunter has about 5 fresh bites from last night. They are bad here...

morewineplease said...

I am also allergic to mosquitos! I hate the little devils! I have like 10 cans of OFF around me at all time, in cars, purses, garage.. I am know is the OFF Nazi around friends and family!