Tonight, I was on the back patio grilling chicken and beef kabobs. I could tell some bugs were around but didn't think twice.
So fast forward a few minutes...the family sits down to eat, and hubby and mom look at me like they had seen a ghost. They both scream out, "Wow, what happened to your head!?"
Come to find out I had a HUGE knot on my head. Mom immediately said, "Oh take a Benadryl, you must be allergic!". (Now my mom blames everything on allergies--she is a hypochondric when it comes to allergies!)
I replied, "You know, Tommy did hit me on the head earlier today with a toy so maybe it's just a bump from that but to be safe I will take a Bendaryl."
Then I sat down at my PC, and plugged in "Allergic Mosquito Bite" and found this photo: http://www.andreaharner.com/archives/NantucketLaborDay3.jpg
My hubby and I just laughed. I mean, OMG, it's exactly the same location and size of my bite! I could not take a better picture of my own forehead. Ha--Who knew!?!
And the sad part--last week I had purchased some of the new OFF SMOOTH & DRY bug spray for my hubby (for when he does the yard work) and it's just sitting in the garage.