Sunday, July 27, 2008

I would love a shrimp po-boy right now!

Monika at http://monikadubska.blogspot.com, is asking people about their favorite foods...

So, it's been about three weeks since I returned from Louisiana, and can I tell you how bad I am craving a shrimp po-boy!? For those of you who don't know, a po' boy (also po-boy, po boy, or poor boy) is a traditional submarine sandwich from Louisiana. It consists of meat or seafood, usually fried, served on baguette-like Louisiana French bread.

And you know, I like mine "Dressed" (lettuce, tomato, pickle, mayo). It seems so easy to make, so I don't understand why I can't find one outside of south Louisiana?

But no fear, LSU football starts in four weeks...and since I can't be at Tiger Stadium, I will be at home, making my own shrimp po-boys and tailgaiting in the comfort of my air conditioned living room :) GEAUX TIGERS!

5 comments:

Toni said...

That looks yummy! Had my best on in New Orleans!

Katy Leach said...

Crooked Bayou downtown makes pretty good ones... hubby and I went a couple weeks ago and I had a crawfish one... with a side of fried pickles!!

Lindsey said...

That looks delicious. I can't wait to have one when I'm in NO next month!! I agree...Geaux Tigers! I graduated from LSU in '94.

Stephanie said...

I had a Po Boy on vacation at Acme's Oyster House in Destin, FL where they put a tobasco infused mayo on it. When I came home I was dying for one too. I didn't want to fry the shrimp though so I improvised & made a variation. Just broil some shrimp for 8 min with lime juice & Asian style garlic chili sauce. Take a fresh bun or roll. Mix some tabasco & mayo and spead on the bun and then add your shrimp. While it was a bit different it will hold me over until I have one again!

Monika Dubska said...

ahhh! that looks delicious! but probably consists of thousands of calories lol xD

still its not our fault people get fat, people makes tasty food lol!

thanks for taking my opp! will ad you to my blogroll right now!

hope to hear from you!