Thursday, July 24, 2008

What's for Dinner?

My friend Amy emailed this recipe to me yesterday. I plan to try it on Friday night:

Brushetta Chicken Bake

1 can (14.5oz) diced tomatoes, undrained
2 cloves garlic, minced
1pkg (6oz) stove top stuffing mix for chicken
1.5lbs boneless skinless chicken breasts, cut into bite size pieces
1 tsp dried basil leaves
1 cup kraft shredded mozzarella cheese

Preheat oven to 400 degrees. Place tomatoes with liquid in medium bowl. Add garlic and stuffing mix and 1/2 cup water; stir just until stuffing mix is moistened. Set aside.Place chicken in 13 x 19 baking dish; sprinkle with basil and cheese. Top with stuffing mixture. Bake 30 mintues or until chicken is cooked through.

5 comments:

Jules said...

ummm, YUM!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Just The Girl said...

I am so going to try this too...

amyc said...

Let me know how it turns out. I'm making it next week : )

Stephanie said...

Hi there. I came across your blog through one and then another and happened to see this recipe. It was outstanding. It was on rightmyerrecipes.blogspot and I made it and posted some pics. I added some spinach too, you'll love it. Fasy, easy and delicious!!!

amyc said...

I finally got around to making this the other day and it was delicious! I really couldn't believe how yummy it turned out. Have you made it yet Jen? I'll be making it once a week for the rest of my life ; )