Sunday, August 10, 2008

And this is why I don't own a scale...

So you all laughed at me recently for not owning a scale!

Let me tell you why...I hate the darn things. They drive me nuts.

I swore I would weigh in weekly--and only once a week (each Tuesday).

My starting weight was 136.5. I want to get to 125 pounds.
At week 1 it was 134 (lost 2.5 lbs)
At week 2 it was 132.0 (lost another 2.0 lbs)

Okay, I am so excited about my recent weight loss, so I got on the scale on Thursday (I know It wasn't a Tuesday weigh in) and saw 131--yay! I emailed my best friend, my mom, and hubby. I had lost 5.5 pounds total.

And then today, I ran to the grocery store and jumped back on the scale (yes, third time this week!--I'm telling you I am OCD!) and got 133.5!!! UGH. IT HAS TO BE WRONG, right!? ;)

How could I have GAINED in five days!? I've on the treadmill every single day.

I'm so not happy. I went back to the check out line and bought a 12 pack of light beer. (Come on, it's better than chocolate cake right!?) I will never own a scale, and I swear I am only doing once a week weigh-ins!

(gulp, gulp, gulp--ahhhh!)

7 comments:

morewineplease said...

I hate scales too.. I rather go by weather I can fit in my skinny jeans or my "fat girl" jeans... hate those!

Angry Julie said...

LMAO.

I vary from 1-3 pounds every damn day.

Umm, I'm soo OCD that everytime I go near the bathroom in our master bedroom, I weigh myself. It doesn't matter what time of the day it is....

So really you are not bad. And shit, my goal weight is like your current weight. I think I hate you right now, just kidding!!!

The working out is throwing your body off, it always does for me.

Dana said...

I am OCD - I weight daily (I KNOW I shouldn't) and constantly drive myself nutso.

Could just be water weight...I guess that's WHY you're only supposed to weigh 1x/week.

Hey - at least you bought light beer. ;)

Just The Girl said...

I hate scales too..I try to judge by the way my clothes are fitting and only weigh my self like once every other week or so.....

Toni said...

When I am trying to lose, like now, I weigh every day. Except after an evening of several beers. I always retain water after drinking adult beverages. Maybe that is culprit...

Good luck, I think you are doing great!

SnappyCasualGifts said...

I will only weigh when I first get up and am naked. I put the scale in the same tile every single tme. I have the same exact weight goal to get to 125.

Little O' Me said...

The scale is from the devil!!! I know weighing can be addictive. Total obsession.

Enjoy that beer!