Wednesday, August 13, 2008

Counting Calories (fast food)

I found something cool today. I really wanted to eat more than a protein bar for lunch so was considering a grilled chicken sandwich from Wendy's. I went to their web site and found the standard calorie/nutrional info in a PDF file (as most fast food restaurants have today).

BUT then I also discovered this cool feature on the Wendy's web site--you can personalize your sandwich to get the exact calories & fat info (based on ingredients and toppings!).

For example, look at the grilled chicken page: http://www.wendys.com/food/Product.jsp?family=2&product=117 and hit "personalize it". I took off the honey mustard sauce --hit "recalculate it" ... and saved 3.5 fat grams!

Pretty neat, uh?
Update: I just learned you can do the same on McDonald's web site. Try it here: http://nutrition.mcdonalds.com/bagamcmeal/itemDetailInfo.do

1 comment:

Mo said...

Seriously that is uber cool and in the same breath I say can make a girl depressed.

Thanks for sharing.