Sunday, August 31, 2008

Family Update/Gustav Evacuations

Many of you know from previous posts that I grew up south of New Orleans on "the bayou"....and some of you have inquired about my family in Louisiana. (I appreciate your concern!)

My parents and sister evacuated on Saturday to Shreveport and are staying with friends. I have several cousins who evacuated to a hotel in the Houston area. And another aunt went over to Panama City. As you can imagine, I am GLUED to the TV or internet, watching Gustav.

I feel particularly horrible for my best friend's sister, whom had a baby on Tuesday, got home from the hospital on Thursday, and had to pack up her family (3 other children plus this new baby and hubby) to leave. I could not imagine getting on the road with a four day old baby!!!--and then wondering if your home will be there when you get back!

But being from Louisiana, and now living in Florida, I know that everyone is safe now. Their lives are what are important, not the belongings. Thanks for asking--and please pray for everyone on the Gulf Coast.

9 comments:

Mo said...

Prayers added.

Nice reminder to keep in the forefront of our minds to not place so much emphasis on belongings.

I'm a Little Teapot said...

I do hope all is well.
http://teapotparties.blogspot.com

lifeinbeverlyhills said...

I'm glad to hear that they are safe and sound. You are so right -lives are more important than possessions. My thoughts are going out to all of those in that area...

Scarlet O'Kara said...

Thank you so much for letting us know that your family and friends are safe.

And I will add your sister's friend, her new born baby, and the rest of their family to my prayers.

Jules said...

Please keep us posted.

Sandy C. said...

I do hope everyone stays safe. Including yourself. My family is also in Florida. Praying for everyone's safety through these storms.

pixie4bears said...

My prayers are with your family and your best friends sister. I am sure that really has to be hard on them. Keep Safe!

P.S. He loves you... said...

I know that it is all fun and beautiful down at the coastal city...but serioulsy I can't help but scracth my head over "why anyone would live there under all those conditions?"

Hoping all goes well in the results for family.

Live.Love.Eat said...

Prayers out to your family!!!!!