Thursday, August 14, 2008

One Dish Tex-Mex Chicken & Rice

I like this recipe because it is super easy--and it bakes in one dish--plus has lots of flavor! Enjoy!...

Ingredients:
  • 3 or 4 chicken breasts
  • 3/4 cup rice
  • 1 cup salsa
  • 3/4 cup water
  • 1/2 packet of taco seasoning
  • Cilantro (optional)
  • 2 cups of Mexican blend shredded cheese
Directions
Preheat oven to 350 degrees. Grease a 9x11 casserole dish with nonstick spray.

In a large bowl, combine rice, salsa, water, cilantro, and 1-1/2 cups of shredded cheese. Mix well and then spread evenly into your casserole dish.

Lay the chicken breasts on top of the rice mixture. Sprinkle entire dish with taco season. Spinkle remaining cheese on top of chicken breasts.

Cover tightly with foil and bake for one hour. YUM!

3 comments:

Just The Girl said...

Sound yummy - I am hungry this morning...

Go check my blog I have something there for you.... :)

morewineplease said...

I am soo hungry, and everyone seems to be posting about food today!
This looks great!

The Mrs. said...

I am sooooo doing this one!