Friday, August 22, 2008

Slower Cooker Chicken & Dumplings

With all this rain, I have been wanting good ol' home cooking so today plan to make Chicken and Dumplings in the Crockpot! YUMMY!

INGREDIENTS:
4 skinless, boneless chicken breast halves
2 tablespoons butter
2 cans condensed cream of chicken soup
1/2 cup of water (or chicken broth)
1 onion, finely diced (or 1 Tbsp. minced dried onion)
Pinch of Black Pepper
Handful of frozen peas (optional--I try to sneak them in for the kids)
1 cup Egg Wide Noodles or Dumplings (I use the No Yolk Brand)

DIRECTIONS
Place all ingredients except the noodles in a slow cooker. Cover, and cook for 6 to 7 hours on LOW. About 30 minutes before serving, turn cooker up to HIGH, and throw in one cup of Wide Egg Noodles or Dumplings. Enjoy!

4 comments:

Just The Girl said...

Sounds yummy! I have never been a crock pot cooker, my mom is always telling me to try it but I have a thing about leaving it on all day when i'm not home.

Live.Love.Eat said...

Good one. Looks so easy and quicker than my from scratch recipe that's for sure. Will put it on my list!

Toni said...

That sounds great! I love my slow cooker, I will definitely give it a try, peas and all!!!

Little O' Me said...

this sounds deeeeevine!!!! :) Might have to try this one out with my new red crockpot!!