Saturday, September 20, 2008

Chocolate Cake in 3 minutes??

My mom sent this recipe to me today via email. I am skeptical, but heck, I am willing to try it!

3 MINUTE CHOCOLATE MUG CAKE

1 Coffee Mug (large mug; microwave safe)
4 tablespoons flour (that's plain or all purpose flour, not self-rising)
4 tablespoons sugar
2 tablespoons baking cocoa
1 egg
3 tablespoons milk
3 tablespoons oil
3 tablespoons chocolate chips (optional)
Nuts (optional)
Small splash vanilla

Add dry ingredients to mug; mix well. Add egg and mix thoroughly. Pour in milk and oil; mix well. Add chocolate chips (optional), nuts (optional) and vanilla; mix well.

Put your mug in the microwave and cook for 3 minutes on high. The cake will rise over the top of the mug, but don't be alarmed!Allow to cool a little, and tip out onto a plate if desired.

EAT! (this can serve 2 if you want to share!)

And why is this the most dangerous cake recipe in the world? Because now we are all only 5 minutes away from chocolate cake at any time of the day or night!

5 comments:

pinkpolkadotaa said...

This recipe is dangerous! Thanks for sharing :)

Nomers said...

Just found our blog and love it!

pixie4bears said...

Yum sounds good. I need to try this. I have seen the insta ones at the store that cook in the microwave. Super yummy.

lifeinbeverlyhills said...

YUM! I use the no pudge brownie mix and make a single serving of brownie to go with my ice cream. And it doesn't taste diet at all.

I am going to have to try this! Avery would love instant cake!

Kappa Prep said...

Oh my goodness, YUM! I CANNOT wait to try this sometime soon!