Tuesday, September 16, 2008

Customer Service

What happened to good ol' customer service!? Seriously. It seems that no one cares anymore.

Last week I called my dental office to get the final price for my new crown. The receptionist said she'd call me right back. I've been waiting seven days. On Friday, and again yesterday, I left a message at the JCP Portrait studio to make an appointment for Tom-Tom. Still no one has called me back.

So, I thought maybe something was wrong with my phone. I tried calling my local carrier, but was routed (through several rounds of push 1 for this or 2 for this) to someone in the Middle East (Pakistan?) who I couldn't understand. His English was the pits.

And last week, I went to eat a quick bite at Panera Bread. First, customers were confused as to what line to wait in because the manager kept switching from one register to another. (For the confussion I got a 2-percent discount...no not a typo....TWO percent...oh, I am so not impressed). Then, I went to fill my cup with soda and there was no ice in the machine. And when I went to get my soup at the counter, it was in a regular bowl, not the bread bowl I paid for.

So again, I ask, what the heck happened to customer service? Sure wish I knew!

11 comments:

Allyson and Dave said...

I know what you mean...I buy breakfast every morning in the cafe here at work. The cashier never even makes eye contact with me let along say something to me. She chats in spanish to another worker while she rings me up. It drives me nuts!! Can you not at least say hi.

Live.Love.Eat said...

I feel ya. I think CS went down the tubes with good ol' fashioned courtesy!!!! I am really disappointed right now in parents who don't RSVP for a party, even after getting a reminder in the cubby hole. Especially one whose party we just went to. Ugghhhh. Sorry just venting along with you!!!!

pinkpolkadotaa said...

Customer service, manners, courtesy, and just plain ethics all seem to be a thing of the past. It's so sad.

Best Life said...

I just visited your blog for the first time and it is so nice...you are singing my song! Poor customer service is commonplace. I always try to compliment someone doing a good job with the hope that it will spread! (and it's sooo hard not to be rude back!)

T said...

THere is no customer service anymore. No one takes any pride in their work. Sad.

The Rockin' Wife said...

Customer Service is a thing of the past. I happen to LOVE when I have scheduled a worker/contractor/repairman to come to my house and they do not show up. Or come 3 hours late. Seriously, I waited and rearranged my day, and they do not have the courtesy to call. Terrible!

Little O' Me said...

I don't even wanna get started on horrible CS!!!

Your CS experiences sounds about right though...noone cares...all they want is your money and move along!!

Lipstick said...

Totally agree! It makes me sad b/c I remember shopping with my mother and granmother when I was little and there was such amazing customer service...that was back when the department stores had full time saleladies.

Caffeine Court said...

I had a discussion about this recently with a friend who hates how people come dressed to church.

She was saying she remembers when people would wear "their Sunday best."

Now they show up in shorts and flip flops.

Maybe there's the same problem with CS. People just don't put out an effort anymore, because they don't have to.

Toni said...

I was just thinking about a customer service post myself!!!!

Sonia said...

Yeah, it's sad that some companies have forgotten to practice customer service skills in both lower and higher positions. This can lead to a huge downfall if continued without remedy or action.


Sonia Roody