Monday, September 01, 2008

Great news *Gustav*

One of my parent's neighbor who stayed behind for Gustav, called my parents this evening with good news. Dad has some shingles missing but no wood is exposed. Dad's truck is fine (it was parked on the side of the house so basically exposed to the elements). Some debris obviously in the yard, but no down trees. PRAISE THE LORD! But there are many in their area who weren't so lucky and my prayers go out to them. (My parents won't be able to get back to their home for another 4 days, at the earliest, due to closed roads, downed trees blocking their neighborhood's entrance & lack of electricity.) THANK YOU ALL FOR THE THOUGHTS & PRAYERS!

This bar is/was FOUR BLOCKS from my parents home (yikes):

5 comments:

pixie4bears said...

It is good to hear that everything is okay with your family. That sure is lucky that the car didn't get damaged.

Jules said...

So glad all are ok!!!

Live.Love.Eat said...

VERY cool!!!!

amyc said...

So glad to hear your parent's home is safe! I know they'll be anxious to get back to it!

Toni said...

I am so glad that your parents home was not destroyed!