Sunday, September 28, 2008

My fun morning in the E.R.

If you remember, I got a dental crown on Wednesday, and starting coming down with a cold a few hours later. Fast forward to this morning. I woke up at 2am and my lips were swollen (picture Will Smith in the movie Hitch). I showed hubby and went back to bed for a bit. At 5am, I woke up and my left eye looked like one big egg, so it was off the Emergency Room.

We woke up the kids and put them in the car in their PJs (they didn't cry once). Hubby dropped me off at ER until he could get in touch with his mom to help out (which was about 7:30am). And then came back to the ER to be with me.

I was there for about four hours so it wasn't too bad (compared to stories I have heard from others).

The doctor treated me for an allergic reaction (cause unknown) along with a sinus infection, and/or tooth infection. I got three prescriptions, and need to see my dentist & primary care doctor tomorrow.

Off to rest now...

5 comments:

Kappa Prep said...

Hope you are feeling better!!! So sorry you had to spend hours in the ER.

Mo said...

Poo, I hope you get to feeling better soon.

Lindsey said...

Hope you feel better soon! Rest up and take care!

Jules said...

OMG, CRAZY!!

Back in feb I had a weird reaction to some oatmeal w/ cranberries...I eat cranberries ALL THE TIME so it was strange...and i have eatne them since. But I was eating ti at my desk at work...throat swelled up, eyes swelled up...I looked like elephant man! Had to be rushed over to urgent care and send to an allergist..it was weird.

Glad you are OK.

Toni said...

OH MY GOODNESS. Glad you are all right and got he meds you needed!!! Sorry you and fam had to make an ER trip!