Tuesday, September 30, 2008

We're making a Pinata!

In a couple of weeks, I am hosting a little Halloween party for a few children at my home. I decided that Mimi and I are going to make a Pumpkin Pinata! I made one as a kid and was so impressed at how easy it is to actually make a "paper mache" pumpkin.

(And funny enough, Mimi and I were watching "Max and Ruby" this week and there is an episode where Ruby makes "paper mache" for bunny scouts, so now Mimi is even MORE excited.)

If you are looking for something fun to do with your little one, try it too. Basically you blow up a big ballon, cover in newspaper strips that have been dipped in homemade glue (1 part water to 2 part flour), let dry for a couple of days, pop the inner balloon, and then decorate by covering with orange streamer (or paint). Fill with candy and enjoy!

Here are two sites that may help you further: http://2good2lose.com/papermache.shtml or http://www.ehow.com/how_2102669_jackolantern-pinata.html

6 comments:

Just The Girl said...

You are too cool and crafty...I so am NOT!!

pinkpolkadotaa said...

Wow! Looks like fun!

Toni said...

Cool! I know that once Hunter gets a little older I am going to have to get crafty - it scares me and should scare the neighborhood!!!!

Good luck with your party can't wait to hear about it!

Lipstick said...

Ooooh that is so very cute!

Allyson and Dave said...

I want to make one...maybe I can fill it with kitty snacks for the kids. I really need to have some real kids so my husband won't think I am crazy when I do these things.

Jen said...

Max and Ruby is a staple in our house! Great idea on the pinata ~ my toddlers can beat the crap out of it and then cry because I've filled it with veggies!