Monday, October 13, 2008

Autumn At Disney's Magic Kingdom

So the positive of visiting Disney in October...

I love the Fall, and I especially love the decorations at Magic Kingdom (at the main entrance and Main Street) during September and October. There are pumpkins everywhere. I took several photos today to share with you!
Now for the DOWN side of visiting in October. First, the weather. It is still hot, very hot, in Florida. It was freaking 87 degrees on Thursday and we were MISERABLE!!!

Also, the park was CROWDED. It used to be that October was a good time (meaning low crowds) to visit Disney; however, since so many schools have started "Fall Break" the parks are busier in October compared to years past. (In fact, the new Toy Story ride at Hollywood Studios had a 130 minute wait time--um no thanks!)

13 comments:

Allyson and Dave said...

It is very hot and humid out this time of year. I went running outside yesterday...instead on on the treadmill. It was miserable.

Live.Love.Eat said...

It looks awesome. Too bad about the heat & crowd. I can't wait to go back there as well as Sea World. Just waiting on the cooler weather to come.

TattooedMinivanMom said...

Cute punkin pictures! (Say that 5 times real fast)

Hope you still had fun despite the heat and crowds?

Tammy said...

Never been to Disney. I like the photos. So different than our Fall Festivals up here...nice autumn like weather.

Angry Julie Monday said...

It's very odd looking at those photos. We've never been to WDW. But the decorations and locations look soo very similar.

MOMMY-MOMO said...

We love D-Land! We have season passes here in Cali! My favorite time of the year to go is christmas! Its magical!

Jen said...

Did you do the Mickey's Not So Scary Halloween? We too live in Central FL and have annual passes (I feel like we're there every weekend!). We did the Halloween party 2 weeks ago and had a great time. The parade was excellant!

Rebeckah said...

87 degrees? That's crazy. It was 81 in PA today. I really want to take my son to Disney World soon! It looks LOVELY! Sorry about the crowds, but SO glad you could take pretty decoration pictures : )!

Kappa Prep said...

Oh I have never seen Disney in the fall, thank you for sharing these wonderful photos!

The Rockin' Wife said...

That looks so nice. We have been to Disney many times, at all different times of the year. I think you can not pick an "uncrowded" month. We are going to take the girls to the very Mickey Christmas I heard they go all out, and from the looks of your fall photos, I bet they do.

The Mrs. said...

It looks so cute! It's been cold here but supposed to go back up to 90 degrees! I hate that!

Momisodes said...

It looks beautiful there :) I've always loved the way Disney celebrates each season. Ugh, I still remember what 87 degrees is like in Florida though...s-t-i-c-k-y :(

Little O' Me said...

I so wish I lived close to WDW!!! You are so lucky!!!