A simple and quick appetizer that I am sure you have had before--Baked Brie!
1/2 package frozen puff pastry, thawed
1 (8 ounce) wheel Brie cheese
1/4 cup sliced almonds
1. Preheat oven to 350 degrees.
2. Lightly grease a 9 inch pie pan.
3. Slice the wheel of Brie in half, horizontally, so that the halves are two, flatter wheels of Brie.
4. Lay the puff pastry in the pie pan. Place half of the Brie (rind-side down) onto the pastry dough. Sprinkle almonds evenly over the top.
5.Place the other half of the Brie (rind-side up) over the almonds. Bundle the pastry dough around the Brie.
6. Bake for 15 to 20 minutes. Let cool for 5 minutes before serving.
You may want dust the puff pastry with butter and egg white.
Make sure that you seal the seams of the puff pastry or you will have a huge mess!
Serve along side fruit jam or granny smith apples and crackers.
Instead of almonds, try brown sugar and walnuts.