Tuesday, October 21, 2008

Recipe: Baked Brie

A simple and quick appetizer that I am sure you have had before--Baked Brie!

INGREDIENTS
1/2 package frozen puff pastry, thawed
1 (8 ounce) wheel Brie cheese
1/4 cup sliced almonds

DIRECTIONS
1. Preheat oven to 350 degrees.
2. Lightly grease a 9 inch pie pan.
3. Slice the wheel of Brie in half, horizontally, so that the halves are two, flatter wheels of Brie.
4. Lay the puff pastry in the pie pan. Place half of the Brie (rind-side down) onto the pastry dough. Sprinkle almonds evenly over the top.
5.Place the other half of the Brie (rind-side up) over the almonds. Bundle the pastry dough around the Brie.
6. Bake for 15 to 20 minutes. Let cool for 5 minutes before serving.

TIPS
You may want dust the puff pastry with butter and egg white.
Make sure that you seal the seams of the puff pastry or you will have a huge mess!
Serve along side fruit jam or granny smith apples and crackers.
Instead of almonds, try brown sugar and walnuts.

7 comments:

Ashley Griffin said...

this sounds soooo yummo!! you will have to tell me how truly good it is cuz i cant have it right now. i will have to wait until after the new year :( but it sounds delish!!

and i loved all your answers to your bloggy award questions!! i laughed at several :)

Just The Girl said...

I love baked Brie...I make it for all holidays and partys. I put the jam in it with the nuts. I love it!

Live.Love.Eat said...

I love this version! I make another with it in the puff pastry but with an olive tapenade on top.

Kappa Prep said...

YUM! IN boarding school my advisor's wife used to make us baked brie every Wednesday when we would watch Dawson's Creek. I need to make some and bring back the memories!

tollesons4him said...

This sounds yummy, I will have to make this.

Kristen said...

Can I tell you that I have never had this, but it sounds so so yummy!!!

Can't wait to try it really soon!

My mouth is watering....

lifeinbeverlyhills said...

I was JUST talking with MIL about her recipe. She lays the puff pastry down, puts a layer of pecans and brown sugar down, then the brie (trims off the white stuff), folds it, turns it over, brushes with butter and bakes. I LOVE the mixture of cheese and brown sugar. Sweet, but not. YUM YUM YUM!!!!!