Wednesday, October 22, 2008

Recipe: Stuffed Chicken Breasts

This is one of my hubby's favorite recipes and only takes a few minutes to assemble with items you can pick up easily at the grocery store. I found this recipe on AllRecipes.com.


INGREDIENTS:
4 skinless, boneless chicken breast halves
salt and pepper to taste
1 (15 ounce) container ricotta cheese
1 (10 ounce) package frozen chopped spinach, thawed and drained
1 clove garlic, minced
2 eggs, beaten
1 (8 ounce) package shredded mozzarella cheese, divided
1 (16 ounce) jar spaghetti sauce


DIRECTIONS:
1. Preheat oven to 350 degrees.
2. Season chicken breasts with salt and pepper to taste. Slit open on the side for stuffing; set aside.
3. In a medium bowl, combine the ricotta, spinach, garlic, eggs and 3/4 of the cheese. Mix well and stuff each breast with 1/4 of the mixture; secure with toothpicks and place stuffed breasts in a lightly greased 9x13 inch baking dish. Pour sauce over all and sprinkle with remaining cheese.
4. Bake at 350 degrees F for 45 to 60 minutes, or until chicken is cooked through and juices run clear.

10 comments:

Ashley Griffin said...

this looks sooo good!!! i think i will add this to my recipe list!! my husband is soooo soooo picky though. might be hard to sell him on the spinach, but it's worth a try!

Toni said...

That sounds really good!!!

The Heckathorns said...

Hmmmm...I might have to do this! Sounds yummy!

Tammy said...

Sounds yummy. Wish my family thought the same. They won't do ricotta or cooked spinach.

Live.Love.Eat said...

This is right up my alley!!!! But hubby doesn't like things stuffed but I can make it for myself on one of my solo nights. All my favs!!!!

MOMMY-MOMO said...

i'm gonna try this one! it looks sooo good!

ali said...

That looks great! I've got a similar recipe for the crock pot tucked away somewhere, I may just have to try it!

P.S. He loves you.. said...

I'll be using this, THANKS!

Lindsay said...

Hi, just found your blog today and YUMM-O! Can't wait to try this one!!!

The Mrs. said...

This is a keeper! May have to make it next week!!!!