Thursday, November 06, 2008

A Front Door Wreath for Thanksgiving

Well, I took down my Halloween wreath on Sunday and now the door is bear. I began searching for something unique (Fallish/Thanksgiving) ... and found a wreath that Mimi and I can actually MAKE together (instead of me buying)! Don't you love this pinecone wreath? AND the best part, is that I can just change out the ribbon in a couple of weeks to make it a Christmas wreath!? Check out the instructions here: http://crafts.kaboose.com/pine-cone-wreath.html

And here's a second option, similar twist, for those of you who want to be more colorful: http://www.bhg.com/holidays/thanksgiving/indoor-decorating/thanksgiving-decorating-with-nature/?page=12

9 comments:

Tammy said...

Great ideas and I have to say you are very creative. I wish I was like that.

tollesons4him said...

Ooh, I like those! let me know how easy they are to make, it might be a fun project for me and my girls.

ali said...

I'm lucky enough to have a mom that loves making wreaths! She keeps my naked door clothed year 'round!

Live.Love.Eat said...

I love that 1st one and am going to check it out. It's nice to be able to change out the ribbon so as not to end up with a bunch of wreaths. Thanks!!!

amyc said...

I love the 2nd one!

Ashley Griffin said...

I love both of those wreaths!!! Especially the bottom one!!

Allyson and Dave said...

I made a great Christmas wreath one year out of glass ornaments. But the glue melted in the attic over the summer and my wreath was one big pile of broken glass and melted glue by the next Christmas. That is what happens when you live in FL!!!

Toni said...

That is a great idea! Can't wait to see the one you and Mimi make!

The Mrs. said...

Looooove that bottom wreath!