Wednesday, November 26, 2008

Giving Back This Holiday Season

Did I tell you all that I spent four years working at a homeless organization? I was the Marketing & Business Development director, which basically is a fancy title for “Fundraiser”. I was able to see first hand out many people in our country are suffering.

I have since moved on from that job, but still look for ways to give back to others, especially during the Holiday season. I usually pick a child of an angel tree or give donations to a local food pantry, but this year I am stepping up a notch. I just found out about a new program, Sears Heroes at Home Wish Registry. Sears is partnering with several non-profit organizations to offer help to over 30,000 military families this Holiday season.

It’s easy to participate and I hope you do it, too. You go to the link highlighted above where you can read stories from many of the military families. I chose to select a family from my state (Florida). From reading their story, I learned that the family has three kids as well as a new baby. The new baby had to undergo surgery and is scheduled for a second surgery. Since the husband is deployed, the mother is handing the family on her own.

Yikes! I truly couldn’t imagine my husband being away from me while having a sick child, so I truly appreciate the sacrifice this man has made for our country!

Please take a minute to check out this great site, and consider helping out our military. Happy Holidays!



Post?slot_id=

6 comments:

Ashley Griffin said...

i will definitely go check it out. we are wanting to do more this season too. have a great thanksgiving!!!

Farmer*swife said...

What a great idea!

Just The Girl said...

Great - Thank you!

C said...

You are an awesome person, I am gonna go right now and check that out!!~C

Live.Love.Eat said...

I'll check this out. Thanks for sharing!!!!

Kappa Prep said...

Thank you for sharing! I am thinking about all those who serve over the next few days. I am so thankful for all they do for me everyday!