Monday, November 24, 2008

It's my Birthday

Wow, 36. Pretty uneventful and low key weekend, but I am very thankful that my dear hubby took three days off work (five days including the weekend) to be with me!

We didn't do any lavish dinners or nights out, but instead have been doing chores around the house. Weeding the garden, fixing up the flower beds, relining the shelves in the pantry, cleaning fan blades, etc etc--in anticipation of hosting Thanksgiving at our home this year. And I have done so much baking this weekend that I know I have gained 2 or 3 pounds, but OH so worth it.

We also just spent lots of time concentrating on the kids. We even took them to see Santa on Friday (as you see in my new header) and playing outside on the patio in this great weather.

So although it's been an uneventful birthday, I feel truly blessed for my great family!

27 comments:

michelle said...

happy birthday to you!

P.S.He loves you.. said...

O' Happy day!

Have a great day, whatever you do!

Cute pix!

Beth said...

Happy Birthday! My son's birthday is tomorrow. :)

Joanne said...

Happy Birthday !!

Allyson and Dave said...

Happy Happy Birthday!!! Did you know that your birthday is the day after Miley's??? Don't ask me how I know these things.

amyc said...

Happy 36th Birthday! Hope it's a great one!

Lindsey said...

Wishing you a Very Happy Birthday! Have a great day!

Sasha said...

Happy Birthday To You!

Farmer*swife said...

YAY! Welcome aboard to 36! It's really quite grand, and it's not close to 40 yet! ;-)

Sometimes birthday like your are the best way to enjoy them!

Oh, happy DAY!

Tammy said...

Happy Birthday. Sounds like a peaceful and relaxing weekend.

Kate said...

Happy happy birthday!!

Ali said...

Happy Birthday!

tollesons4him said...

Happy Birthday!! Sounds like you had a really nice one.

tollesons4him said...

Happy Birthday!! Sounds like you had a really nice one.

tollesons4him said...

Happy Birthday!! Sounds like you had a really nice one.

Dena said...

Happy Birthday! Glad I got to celebrate with you last week.

Toni said...

Happy Happy Birthday!!!! Welcome to club 36!

Live.Love.Eat said...

Happy Birthday Jen! Sounds like you started off being 36 by being productive, getting organized and cleaning. It feels good doesn't it?!!!

Jenna said...

You are definitely blessed!!! Happy Birthday and I hope to see you soon.

Nomers said...

Happy Birthday Jen!!!

Lori said...

HAPPY BIRTHDAY!!! :)

Ashley Griffin said...

happy birthday!!!!! ((((hug)))) glad you have had a good one!!

Just The Girl said...

HAPPY BIRTHDAY TO YOU!!!

I love the new header too.

Ginette said...

Well, HAPPY BIRTHDAY! And I really like the holiday design on your blog!

Leslie said...

Happy Birthday!!! Sounds like you got to spend some quality time with hubby and family!! Yeah!

morewineplease said...

Happy belated birthday!!! Sounds like a nice weekend!

The Heckathorns said...

I'm gone from the blogging world for a couple of days and I miss your birthday? :( Happy Belated Birthday! ♥