Friday, November 07, 2008

Thanksgiving Table Setting

This part of Thanksgiving is the hardest for me--how to decorate the table!

I never have centerpices or fancy displays but this year, gosh dang it, I want a fancy table...AND I want to use my good China (you know the stuff I got at my wedding that is still bubble wrapped in my china hutch!).

One idea I have is to go all ivory, using ivory pillars and such with a touch of gold(I saw a picture somewhere and could kill myself for not bookmarking!)...OR all ivory with a touch of fresh greenery.


A second idea is using pears or apples, as I posted earlier in October.
And a third idea is traditional Thanksgiving (pumpkins, gourds, dried corn, nuts etc).

So, tell me....What is on your table?

8 comments:

Allyson and Dave said...

I like the pears!!

P.S. He loves you.. said...

take it out and use it for what good is it stored right?

Speaking of which I need to take my own advice!

Toni said...

I know you will come up with something great! I agree use the good stuff. I have only used my a couple of times and that is just silly!!!

Jen said...

Right now I have hurricanes filled with whole coffee beans poured around the base of a hazelnut candle. It looks rich and smells even better!

I like the pear idea. I'm going to have to try that one!

Live.Love.Eat said...

I love the whole pear & apples thing. I just try not to put anything on the table that smells and would take away from or clash with the food!

Ashley Griffin said...

that is my china pattern!!! still in the cabinet though. never been used but once!

Kappa Prep said...

I so not think you can go wrong with pumpkins. Last year I did the PB pumpkin and squash candles mixed with real pumpkins. We also mixed in Godiva turkies and pumpkin truffles.

The Mrs. said...

Love the pears!!!!