Monday, November 03, 2008

Tradition: Christmas Pajamas

As I wrote a little about yesterday....Many of us, including myself, see November 1st at the "kick off" to Christmas. We have let the "retail world" dictate this trend of jumping from Halloween to Christmas, with little focus on Thanksgiving. Well, I AM GULITY! Although I truly wish there was more time to focus on Thanksgiving, Christmas is ALL around us, especially in the stores...and I folded...(I promise the rest of my week is focused on Thanksgiving!!)

Remember back in September, I won a $25 gift card to Banana Republic from One Fab Mom!? Well, being a mom, I didn't used it on myself!

I realized that BR gift cards could be used at Old Navy (and the Gap), so I used it to get the kids (matching) Christmas Pajamas from Old Navy! Aren't they cute!? (Christmas pajamas is a family tradition with us. We do it every year and the pictures are just adorable.)


Does your family have a Holiday tradition? I'd love to hear it.

14 comments:

michelle {sweet mady's paper} said...

I'm with you on the pj's. I just love christmas pajamas! We watch The Polar Express either on Christmas Eve or Christmas Day. Have a great day!

Jules said...

we do the matching pj's too...only the "Pajama Elf" brings ours a day or 2 before christmas and rings the doorbell and leaves them on the porch for OG to find. :)

Don't get to wear them long but it is still fun...we may have the elf bring them early this yr...like Dec 1.

The Heckathorns said...

We don't do matching pjs, but for the christmas cards I always try to dress the kids the same as much as I can. This year I bought both boys matching outfits at Childrens Place and the girl has something that goes along with the boys! (the hubs and I are never in the picture. LOL!) And we always put the Christmas tree up the day after Thanksgiving! I want to start getting the stuff down now...but i'm too short and can't reach the big bins up in the attic! HAHA!

amyc said...

cute pjs! I take a picture of the kids each year and put it in an ornament with the year printed on it. It's fun to get out the past year ornaments and see how much they've grown each year!

Sullivans said...

We do Christmas pajamas too. The kids get to open them and a new ornament for each of them on Christmas Eve. I found some cute ones online, but I didnt think to check Old Navy. I'll have to look there. Hanna Andersson's are adorable but pricey.

Allyson and Dave said...

You are going to laugh....Since we don't have kids we get gifts for the kitties. We fill their stockings with little cat toys and first thing christmas morning we dump them out all over the living room. When we got to the point that we had 500 cat toys we started to regift.

We really need some kids!!

Ashley Griffin said...

we take a family photo every year at christmas and use it as our christmas card. we also decorate our house for christmas every thanksgiving day. of course after the thanksgiving festivities are over!

Tammy said...

We do new jammies and an ornament each year. I bought some really cute ones at Gymboree...I couldn't wait to give them to my youngest...they were so cute. I guess I'll need to get some other ones.

The Mrs. said...

Bad girl!!! That was for you!

Just The Girl said...

We do christmas pjs too!! I already got the boys thiers! I love it...

Angry Julie Monday said...

Soo cute! I love the candy canes. I can't wait to see pictures.

Toni said...

I like to do new PJs or house slippers from Santa on Christmas morn. We also drive around and look at the lights as a tradition...

Farmer*swife said...

Adorable! And, the PJ picture idea is cute! Might have to try that one myself!

The Rockin' Wife said...

We do the PJs thing too. Well, the girls and I......I can not get The Husband to fall for it.

BTW, I tagged you a little quiz, you may have already done it. I know you have done some in the past.