Tuesday, November 04, 2008

Turkey Day is Coming!

I will be hosting the in-laws at my home on Thanksgiving. I am super excited since we just moved our formal dining room into a larger space in the house. But I admit, I always get nervous about my cooking. My in-laws have their "favorites", and of course, I know my mom's recipes. I think I've done a good job of blending the two.

But just to be sure, I have all bases covered, I began searching online yesterday for recipes, decor, etc. I found this great "Thanksgiving Planner" on AllRecipes.com. It's the "four week plan" to a stress free Thanksgiving. So if anyone else is hosting their family on Turkey Day, be sure to check out this handy guide. Gobble, Gobble!

7 comments:

Allyson and Dave said...

Okay...seriously...has anyone ever set the whole turkey dressed like that on the table. We have always carved ours before anyone sits down at the table. I am tempted to make a smaller turkey just for decoration.

ali said...

I plan on hosting again this year for the second time but I think my mom is missing the things that she had always fixed. She announced to me the other day that she has to have a pumpkin roll this year!

The Mrs. said...

We go to Florida and have Turkey dinner catered by the club! How spoiled are we!!! That being said I'd love to host one year!

Angry Julie Monday said...

We are still up in the air about Thanksgibbin'. I don't even want to think about it.

Live.Love.Eat said...

Go you! I have to wait until Xmas to be a hostess. My parents do Turkey Day but I will be doing all the desserts. Good luck, just a few weeks to go.

Toni said...

I have never tried a turkey! Good luck, I know it will be faboo!

tollesons4him said...

I would love to host Thanksgiving Dinner at our house but since we live over 400 miles from our famiy it's hard but hopefully one day soon we will be back to living in the same area.