Saturday, November 08, 2008

Weekend Plans: Thanksgiving

Well, I spent three hours running errands with the kids yesterday (poor guys!). We found fall stuff on sale at Michael's so I grabbed some things for Mimi &I to start making the front door wreath:
WELL, yesterday, I posted my ideas for the table....I also went to Linen N Things, JCP, Macy's, etc looking for table runners. Then my MIL suggested Kohl's. (I forget about them all the time!) Kohl's had amazing Thanksgiving tablecloths, napkins, table runners, etc.

I was truly leaning towards formal but THEN I found this cute turkey runner so plan on "playing" with different table settings --using my everyday dishes--until I decide what I like. (The cute acorn candle holders were on sale at Michael's, I got two smaller and one larger one.)


14 comments:

Cameron Ingalls said...

I love your table setting! very cute and classy!

C said...

Jen-
I love fall decor. The oranges and browns make me feel all fuzzy inside. I think that runner is super cute too. Looks like you did good girlie...Happy Weekend!

Tammy said...

I am hosting Thanksgiving dinner this year. I love your table decorations. I may need to stop at Kohls and Michaels this weekend.

Nomers said...

I love the acorn holders!

here to share more of His love with you! said...

awhh great job!

Kristen said...

I am loving your Turkey runner!! It is so cute!

I too always forget about Kohls! :)

The Rockin' Wife said...

I love the Turkey Day decor. I need to get started.

I forgot about my little LSU friend...What a game. Truly a great game. We were on pins and needles.

Ashley Griffin said...

I love your plates!!!

Allyson and Dave said...

I think I might go to Kohls tomorrow!!!

Mamalicious said...

It looks wonderful! Great work!

So sorry about that LSU loss. I was SCREAMING at the TV.

Holly

Farmer*swife said...

New Castle. First Turkey Day. We have the formal at my FAB MIL's. But, My Dad and the boys are coming this year on Friday to do our own T-Day in my castle.

Your cute table runner is awesome! And, still fitting as you have small children attending. ;-)

You can still do the pear thing with real pears and cut out space for the tea lights! Beautiful setting and the kids will love seeing the fruit "alight with flame."

I'm waiting to see what else you come up with so I can steal your ideas, :-D

morewineplease said...

that stuff is really cute, I want to see what you come up with when you finish your project!

Little O' Me said...

Freaking AMAZING!!!! You are damn good Jennifer!!!!

Toni said...

Looks great!!! I love it!!!