Monday, December 22, 2008

Bronchitis Update (And a Crazy Lady Story!)

Princess Mimi isn't getting better. We saw the pediatrician today, and Mimi is on four new prescriptions (new antibiotic, oral steroid, cough syrup and continue with nebulizer). The doctor wants the cough completely gone in two weeks. If Mimi still has even the littlest cough in the new year, she will get a chest x-ray. Please pray for my sweet girl.

On a lighter note...funny story. The dr's office was running an hour behind today (ugh!--and I had both kids with me--not fun). This lady walks in with her teenage daughter and starts talking to me. Right away, I could tell she was a "nut" but I tried to smile and be nice. She starts telling me that all of our kids are sick due to terrorists. She wants to call the CDC to tell them her theory. (um, okay lady, whatever you say!). She goes on to say something like, "Why else are kids so sick today? There is MRSA viruses in school and more things that can't be explained. It has to be terrorists!"...and then Mimi's name was called. (THANK GOD, I was saved!).

12 comments:

amy said...

So sorry about Mimi and I will be praying she is well soon! That is funny about the crazy lady! What a nut : )

Tammy said...

There are some real nut jobs out there..yikes.

Joanne said...

So sorry that she's not feeling well. My daughter had so many Respiratory infections when she was younger. It does take quite a long time. The nebulizer works wonders! Keep us updated !!

Live.Love.Eat said...

Wow, so sorry on both counts - Mimi and crazy lady. I really hope she gets better. Coughing constantly is exhausting!!!

Jodi said...

Oh no, so sorry about Mimi! I'm thinking of her and hoping she's better for Christmas! LOL about the crazy lady!

Thanks for following me!

P.S.He loves you.. said...

Not my favorite thing about children they don't understand " not getting sick on Holidays!"...Hang in there and remember it's still all GOOD!

Wishing you a HOPEfull CHRISTmas!

Ali said...

Oh no! Sorry to hear about Mimi, I'll say a prayer for her:)

Ali said...

Oh no! Sorry to hear about Mimi, I'll say a prayer for her:)

morewineplease said...

I will say a pray for you and Mimi! I wish she was well!

That lady should have been the one seeing the doctor.

Farmer*swife said...

LOL! I dislike the weird ones! I'm always thinking, "please don't talk to me, please don't talk to me..."

Geeze-laweeze with Mimi. My first had RSV as an infant and we had to continue the nebulizer for almost a year. Then, we'd still break it out every once in awhile.

Hang in there. I hope they can get all that junk out of her lungs...no fun during the holidays. No fun, anytime.

Happy Tuesday!

Lindsey said...

I hope Mimi continues to improve and is much better by Christmas. Your crazy lady story was too funny! Take Care...Happy Holidays!

Toni said...

Hope by the time I am commenting that Mimi is feeling much better. Some people can't live without a conspiracy theory!!!