Thursday, December 04, 2008

Christmas Music

Now, I love Christmas and I love listening to Christmas carols this time of year, but there are a few songs I could do with out.

1. Elvis's Blue Christmas just annoys the hell out of me, don't know why.
2. Carol of the Bells (Mannheim Steamroller) is so over done.
3. O' Christmas Tree (why are we praising the tree and not our Lord??)
4. Little Saint Nick by the Beach Boys. No explantation needed.
5. 12 Days of Christmas....yes a classic but it makes no damn sense today.

And then, there are five songs I could hear over and over all day with pleasure.

1. Baby It's Cold Outside (yes, I love the movie ELF!)
2. Charlie Brown Christmas Theme (my all time favorite cartoon)
3. Here Comes Santa Claus by Gene Autry (oh, what a classic!)
4. Go Tell it On the Mountain (The Garth Brooks version is a must!)
5. What Are You Doing New Year's Eve (Not really Christmas but love Harry Jr!)

So there you go, my list of 5 favorites and 5 not so favorites. What are yours?

6 comments:

Kate said...

My class sang "Go Tell it On the Mountain" one year at our elementary school Christmas concert and I still remember all the lyrics AND moves we did :)

Kappa Prep said...

Another song I am personally not fond of is the one about two people meeting in a grocery store on Christmas Eve. I have no idea what the name is, but I am not a fan!

Allyson and Dave said...

How could you put Elvis on the bad list?? I love Elvis. But I have to say my all time fave is Mele Kalikimaka by Jimmy Buffet. It reminds me of the Christmas Vacation movie when Chevy Chase is day dreaming about his pool.

Jennifer said...

Kappa Prep, I KNOW WHAT YOU MEAN!! I hate that Dan Fogelburg song and have banned a local radio station because they play it every 2 or 3 hours, ugh!!!!

Toni said...

Okay Jennifer, I have to disagree with Elvis and Dan Fogelburg.

However, I do love Baby It's Cold Outside.

Another one of my faves is Tender Tennessee Christmas. Of course they may only play it here in Tn...

Mo said...

Ok, ok how can we not remember our youth?

Rudolph and Frosty

I know it is not honoring the true meaning of Christmas but I lurve these.