Now, I love Christmas and I love listening to Christmas carols this time of year, but there are a few songs I could do with out.
1. Elvis's Blue Christmas just annoys the hell out of me, don't know why.
2. Carol of the Bells (Mannheim Steamroller) is so over done.
3. O' Christmas Tree (why are we praising the tree and not our Lord??)
4. Little Saint Nick by the Beach Boys. No explantation needed.
5. 12 Days of Christmas....yes a classic but it makes no damn sense today.
And then, there are five songs I could hear over and over all day with pleasure.
1. Baby It's Cold Outside (yes, I love the movie ELF!)
2. Charlie Brown Christmas Theme (my all time favorite cartoon)
3. Here Comes Santa Claus by Gene Autry (oh, what a classic!)
4. Go Tell it On the Mountain (The Garth Brooks version is a must!)
5. What Are You Doing New Year's Eve (Not really Christmas but love Harry Jr!)
So there you go, my list of 5 favorites and 5 not so favorites. What are yours?