Tuesday, December 02, 2008

Decorating the Mantel

This IS my mantel now (PB Stockings, pictures of the kids, berry garland and two mini trees on each side)...I know plain and not fabulous...but it fits me and my home: Now, in the perfect world, this is how my mantel would look:
You have to check out this slide show at Southern Living. What great displays, and most are under $10! Here's the link: http://www.southernliving.com/southern/homes/decorating/slideshow/0,14243,1133318,00.html

And BHG has some pretty ones as well: http://www.bhg.com/holidays/christmas/indoor-decorating/mantel-decorating-ideas/

11 comments:

Jules said...

yours looks great!! But I DO love the green boxes too!!

Tammy said...

Your mantel looks a lot like mine. Stockings, photos, etc. I will have to take a picture of mine and post it. I always love your decorating ideas and the time you take to let everyone in on your finds. :)

Baseball Mom said...

Cute mantel. Very nice. That is the one thing I wish we had in this house, a mantel. :)

C said...

I should show you my 'fake' mantel. It is pretty cool..I will put it up on my site later!! Yours is adorable.

Lindsey said...

Your mantle looks great! Simple, but elegant!

tollesons4him said...

I think your mantle looks beautiful and I like it!!!! We are putting up all of our Christmas stuff tonight :) yes I am smiling can you tell.

Kappa Prep said...

Yours is looking good and I also love the green boxes on the Southern Living sample!

Live.Love.Eat said...

I think it looks beautiful!!!!

amyc said...

I love your rock fireplace!

Ashley Griffin said...

i wish i could be more creative too!

Toni said...

I like yours!!! Mine is similar but I need a bow or something on the end.