Sunday, December 14, 2008

Go Pistachio!

This weekend my family had a chance to sample "Everybody's Nuts", a brand of pistachois. Now you know they must be good with my 3-year old Princess Mimi kept saying, "More Please!".

(She liked the No-Salt flavor. Hubby on the other hand likes the European Roast with combines salt and vinegar.)

Nuts have been in the news quite a bit lately, so we all know they are nutrient dense--full of antioxidants, vitamin B-6 and lutein--and they are a good source of fiber.

But did you know that pistachios also keep you trim!? Yup, they are one of the lowest fat and lowest calorie nuts; and are a low glycemic index food.

Oh, and please take a minute to check out their FUN web site at http://everybodysnuts.com/. "Starch" is the mascot for the nuts and my kids think he is a hoot!

I can these great nuts at my local Walgreen's but if you want to try them check out the "store finder" on the web site. In fact, I think I will pick up a few extra boxes for Holiday gifts. They will be perfect in a basket with a bottle of wine, don't you think!?

5 comments:

P.S.He loves you.. said...

I'm glad you confirmed this cause I love to eat'm! And my kids do too!

morewineplease said...

I love Pistachos!! I will have to grab a bag!

Live.Love.Eat said...

I heard about these at my friend's blog Sweet Peas & Pumpkin & heard they were good!!! I have always loved pistachio nuts. They were a coveted snack in our house growing up. Hidden in my mom's closet!

lifeinbeverlyhills said...

That's a great idea. Hubby loves pistachios - I'm thinking stocking stuffers. Thanks!

Kappa Prep said...

Yum and what CUTE packaging too!