Monday, December 22, 2008

New Stem Cell Technology

Now, I will start off being honest. I am not sure if I am on the "stem cell" bandwagon just yet. But I will also admit I haven't researched the topic totally.

So when I first heard of C'Elle I was in shock! You see C'Elle is exclusive and revolutionary stem cell technology empowers women to safely and easily collect non-controversial, potentially life-saving stem cells found in menstrual blood. (Yes, menstural blood!)

When I first heard this I thought to myself, "NEVER!" I couldn't believe what I had heard.

But then I think back to the greatest Christmas gift I ever received! Remember the story I shared with you two weeks back? You know, the story about my sweet Princess Mimi receiving two blood transfusions in 2006? I wish I could personally thank the two individuals who shared their blood with my baby.

And I bet years ago, blood transfusions were not popular. I am sure their was controversy!

So I am starting to open my mind a little more to stem cell.

C'elle menstrual stem cells have demonstrated the ability to differentiate into other cell types such as heart muscle, cartilage, nerve and bone stem cells. This translates into the potential for future therapeutic developments to possibly treat major diseases like diabetes, heart disease, stroke, MS, Parkinson's and Alzheimer's; as well as possible cosmeceutical applications like anti-aging and wound-healing.

So what are your thoughts on stem cell? I'd be happy to hear your comments!

Post?slot_id=

5 comments:

MOMMY-MOMO said...

wow! I havent heard of that yet. Thats amazing. I will be following that. what next in the breast milk? hmmm...

Ashley Griffin said...

don't have enough information to make a decision. have mixed emotions. not in using the stem cells b/c i know they can be used in amazing ways, but just not sure about the rest of it.

Farmer*swife said...

It is all so hard and so confusing. Really. The good with the bad; technology is so wonderful but scary when it gets into areas that I feel might belong to a higher power.

But, then we were given intelligence to use wisely so at the same time I feel we are doing what we should; as much as possible to preserve ourselves.

It's all so scary and endepth. Still, I wonder where they came up with "menstrual."

Thanks for sharing.

greygillfish said...

I haven't heard about this one, but what I do feel strongly about is cord blood which stem cells can be used to treat multiple diseases. Why isn't their a program to bank cord blood? Yes, I know there is a program to bank your OWN cord blood which costs lots of money, but why isn't there a cord bank set up to donate cord blood that works just like a blood bank or plasma bank. I would have gladly donated cord blood.

M Yeager said...

how exactly would they go about collecting it?