Tuesday, December 02, 2008

Poinsettia Tips

Years ago, my dad gave me a tip. (Background: I kill plants! I so do not have a green thumb.) For a poinsettia, add ONE ice cube each day to the plant and no other water. It works like a charm!
Also, DON'T place plants near cold drafts or excessive heat. Avoid placing plants near appliances, fireplaces or ventilating ducts. DO place your plant in indirect sunlight for at least six hours per day. If direct sun can't be avoided, diffuse the light with a shade or sheer curtain.

9 comments:

Live.Love.Eat said...

SO good to know because I planned on buying one for the dining room this year. Thanks.

Allyson and Dave said...

I never put those things in my house. Kitties like to eat plants and poinsettas kill kitties. So they stay on the front porch.

Tammy said...

Awesome tips. I got one last year for a gift and I killed it in no time.

Well I Do Declare said...

Great to know! Thanks for the tip :)

MOMMY-MOMO said...

thanks for the tip. dont have a green thumb either...

Toni said...

What a great tip!!!

Beth said...

Great tip! I have a bunch of them... really a bunch of them. I got stuck with them after a fundraiser. If there is anyone in need of a poinsettia in the Tampa area, let me know!

Lindsey said...

Great tips. Unfortunately, I can't keep them alive so I have artificial ones in my house.

Farmer*swife said...

Oooh, I'm off to tell the MIL now!