Tuesday, December 30, 2008

We played in the "snow" in Celebration, FL!

Last night, my parents and I brought the kids to see "snow" in Celebration, FL. Now in Florida, snow is basically soap foam or bubbles blown from machines (see photo below), but the kids still love it. Celebration runs the event each year from Thanksgiving to New Year's. Carriage rides, Santa Claus, and more available for the fun!
You may have heard of Celebration in the past. It's a tiny town near Disney. Actually, it was set up as a Disney community, but today the company has removed it's name from the idea. It's a very pretty, quaint little area with beautiful homes and a "downtown" with a little splash park on the lake, a movie theater, ice cream shop, restaurants and shops. Celebration also hosts wonderful town gatherings (July 4th fireworks, Snow in December, etc).
If you are ever visiting Walt Disney World, you should take the short drive over to check it out. Here are a few photos from the Christmas celebration:


8 comments:

Staci said...

My friends goal is to eventually live in Celebration. I will have to check it out when we go to Disney... She says it is so neat! PS LOVE the background! :)

P.S.He loves you.. said...

like the newer layout..cute pix of you and the kids!

Snow in FL yea I thought it had to have been at Disney ;D

The Heckathorns said...

Loving the new layout! Pretty pretty! If you drive up to St. Augustine, the St. Augustine Ampitheatre has snow and an ice skating rink! :) I haven't made it down there yet, but hopefully we will this weekend. (I know it's a drive just to see "snow" and "ice" but we live in Florida. LOL!)

Life with Kaishon said...

This looks so fun! I often wish I lived in Florida! The real snow we get in PA is not my favorite : ). Snow bubbles sound just about PERFECT : ).

What a nice blog you have!

Scarlet O'Kara said...

Thanks for the comment...and I'm not really hiding...just enjoying some fun times with my husband and children. I promise to be back after New Years with some really great posts and tons of pictures!

Love the new layout and the photos of you all!

Many blessings for you all during 2009!

Allyson and Dave said...

I hear they have a pretty nice hospital in Celebration as well!!! LOL!! They have the best employees ever.

Live.Love.Eat said...

I love Celebration so much but just haven't gone in awhile. I once brought my best friend there and as we were driving through the small streets and seeing the backyards we realized how part of it is Stepford and freaky like because of their strict rules. No bikes on the front lawn, no towels on your screened in porch. hah. But it is a beautiful little town!

Joanne said...

I've been on a Xmas hiatus and now I'm reading everything I can. I love the new layout. It is super sweet! I love Celebration. I never get there enough. It looks like you had a great time. I'll be blogging again soon.