Thursday, January 08, 2009

Day 8: New Beautiful Frugal You

Ah, Water! Yup, we all know the importance of drinking water. Experts say at least 8 cups a day, but recently I read that 5 or 6 cups of WATER is sufficient since we get extra water in meals and other drinks.

Here's my tip: when you awake in the morning, drink a glass of warm water with a squeeze of FRESH lemon juice (not bottled). Why you ask? Well, experts say lemons can cleanse and stimulate the liver and kidneys, help with digestion, the vitamin C can boost your immune system, and some even claim it can break down fat in the body.

5 comments:

Tracey said...

I TOTALLY count my coffee as water. It basicallly IS water, right? Especially since I drink it black!

Live.Love.Eat said...

Good tip. I love lemons and limes in my water. But let Tracey know (if she was serious) that although coffee is made up of water it contributes to being dehydration and cannot count toward water consumption :)

Tammy said...

I love lemons in my water. I drink a lot of water everyday. I have never tried it just plain warm without tea...will have to try that.

Nomers said...

I am so horrible at drinking water. I do love lemon with my water, but neve thought about having the water warm. Thanks for the info.

michelle said...

Oh I am horrible at drinking water! Coffee, yes. Hot Chocolate, yes. Water...um, not so much. Thanks for the reminder and I am going to try the warm water with lemon trick :)