Tuesday, February 03, 2009

Social media

Last week I was asked to lead a panel discussion on social media. It had me thinking about all these new sites like Facebook, LinkedIn, Twitter, and Acobay. These communities are growing so fast. . Personally, I spend lots of time on each these social sites each day. (Just last week I posted tons of old high school and college photos to my Facebook account and had a blast reliving memories with old friends). I have found sorority sisters who I had not spoken to in years, and even have found new business collagues. But my question...I wonder if they will "stick around" or just a fad. What are your thoughts?

6 comments:

Allyson and Dave said...

I think there will always be the next greatest thing. Notice how no one uses MySpace anymore...it is all about Facebook now. I read an article on that new movie "He is just not that into you" the other day. It was talking about how it was supposed to be released like 2 years ago and how it really dates itself my talking about MySpace because MySpace is so 2 years ago.

Tammy said...

I am sure like anything, it will die out, but I really am enjoying Facebook. As far as My Space, my daughter has one and so do most of her friends. She is in middle school, they must think it is the thing to be on. My sister just started using Twitter. I may have to look into that too.

morewineplease said...

I heart facebook! A lot of my friends are posting old pics too, its hilarious!

Prissy Southern Prep said...

I don't know, but I have thought about this same thing before!

Toni said...

I have reconnected with lots of old friends through FB

Marcie said...

I am loving Facebook for the same reason, and you know what...I think the friends will stay...it is so easy to keep in touch. It really is my preferred communication tool.

I am afraid I will be like one of those people in Wall-e that is tied to my computer al day with no human contact! Haha!