The other day I heard Stacy London (Host of TLC’s What Not Wear) on the Today Show tell women if they find a pair of blue jeans they really like, to buy in multiple lengths. She also stated that on average women own eight pairs of blue jeans.
Since then, I have been thinking about blue jeans.
Personally, I have five pairs. My favorite jeans are a pair of bootcut that I picked up at Kohl’s recently. While looking on the rack, I liked the color and the classic waistband (not too low, not too high). Once in the dressing room, I loved the fact that there was built in tummy control. How perfect for my not-so-toned-after-two-kids belly.
What should you look for when buying blue jeans? Here are a few tips:
- Darker washes are the most flattering color.
- Smaller pockets on back will make your butt look larger.
- Always sit down while trying on jeans to make sure the waistband feels comfortable and that you don’t get muffin top.
- Shorter women should avoid bootcut jeans; instead opt for skinny jeans.
- If you are debating between two sizes, go with the smaller size as most denim will stretch after wear.