Thursday, February 19, 2009

Tips for shopping for the perfect pair of jeans

The other day I heard Stacy London (Host of TLC’s What Not Wear) on the Today Show tell women if they find a pair of blue jeans they really like, to buy in multiple lengths. She also stated that on average women own eight pairs of blue jeans.

Since then, I have been thinking about blue jeans.

Personally, I have five pairs. My favorite jeans are a pair of bootcut that I picked up at Kohl’s recently. While looking on the rack, I liked the color and the classic waistband (not too low, not too high). Once in the dressing room, I loved the fact that there was built in tummy control. How perfect for my not-so-toned-after-two-kids belly.

What should you look for when buying blue jeans? Here are a few tips:

  • Darker washes are the most flattering color.
  • Smaller pockets on back will make your butt look larger.
  • Always sit down while trying on jeans to make sure the waistband feels comfortable and that you don’t get muffin top.
  • Shorter women should avoid bootcut jeans; instead opt for skinny jeans.
  • If you are debating between two sizes, go with the smaller size as most denim will stretch after wear.

4 comments:

That Girl said...

I HATE jean shopping. HATE!

jill said...

lucky brand jeans "grow" throughout the day. the saleslady filled me in to buy a smaller size. i would have never thought of that!

new fave is seven jeans. they have a little bit of stretch in them and are so comfy. marshalls have them now.

Tammy said...

I love Aero jeans. They seem to fit me great. I am actually ready to buy a couple new ones. Maybe I'll have time this weekend to do a little shopping.

~~Mel~~ said...

The average woman has 8 pairs?? I need to find some new jeans lol. I have about 4 pairs I wear regularly and 2 of those pairs are my favorite...I wish I could find more I liked.