Friday, March 13, 2009

Dolphins blowing bubble rings

You all know I live in Orlando and visit the theme parks often. I remember my first visit to SeaWorld. I was surely amazed at all the sea animals on display: sea lions, manatee, dolphins, whales, sharks, etc. In fact, last year I brought Princess Mimi to SeaWorld for the first time, and for weeks afterwards she spoke about Shamu.

Personally, my favorite is the dolphin. They are so intelligent and yet seem to have a sense of humor, too.

So I was amazed at this new video below (from Seaworld's new site Dolphin Bubbles) showing that dolphins can blow these bubble rings from their blow holes. Words don't describe how fascinating this really is (you have to view the video!) In fact, you may have seen some of this "bubble making" on ABC's World News with Charles Gibson recently.




Pretty cool, uh? If you want to see more dolphin videos, the new SeaWorld web site shows more videos of the dolphins making bubble from their blow holes. (Your kids will love it too!) It's truly incredible and shows how much we have to learn about these great creatures.

And next time you are in Orlando, take a day from your schedule to head to SeaWorld. It's truly a fun, and educating, day for the entire family!


Post?slot_id=

7 comments:

Impulsive Addict said...

I ♥ dolphins! I got to swim with 5 of them in Jamaica a couple of years ago. It was awesome!

morewineplease said...

This video is just too cool!

Kim said...

It has been about 15 years since I was at Sea World and I didn't have children then. They would love it!
We will definitely make a trip there soon. What a cool video!

Missy said...

I think dolphins can do anything (except live out of water, of course) they never cease to amaze me!

Mrs. Newlywed said...

Just found your blog, and I have spent 20 minutes reading it! I LOVE it!

I love dolphins. This video is tres cute! I need to forward it to my mom!

~~Mel~~ said...

How cool is that?? I had no idea dolphins had such personality!

Live.Love.Eat said...

That's incredible, I had never seen that before!!!! And dolphins are one of my all time favs too. When I have kayaked in the past over by Sebastian Inlet and see them in their natural habitat I get such a kick out of it. Nothing like it.