Wednesday, April 29, 2009

I hate to be at home alone

This sounds crazy but I hate to be at home alone during the night. (I know I am a grown woman for god's sake!) In fact, I got so scared one night when my hubby was out of town, that I literally did NOT sleep at all. Not one wink. I laid there for hours, twisting and turning....and listening to every little noise, thinking someone was trying to get into my home. (Any of you like that!?)

I needed "peace of mind". I needed to know that someone would be there in the middle of the night to help me if needed. So hubby had a choice...fly my mom (yup his Mother In Law) to our home everytime he was called out of town or get me a security system. Guess which one he chose? ha.

So, last year, my hubby finally got us a wireless security system. We have no home phone so I didn't think we could get security, but today's options are great.

GE Home Security offers some great packages -- many offering FREE wireless systems right now. For example, the silver package gives you a system (a $595 VALUE!) AT NO CHARGE. I love freebies. And monitoring for only $34.95 a month. This includes all the great benefits you would expect in a quality system--things like voice monitoring, yard signs, door chime, etc.

You can call toll free today at 877-470-2751. FYI, if you call this specific number you get 2 keychain remotes with your order.


Post?slot_id=

5 comments:

Farmer*swife said...

Good for you! I'm the same way; and we live off the highway a few acres back with my in-laws on both sides.

Hubby says, "No one will come all the way back here to rob us." Um, Hello? I don't care about the T.V.? I care about the children and wife and wierdos who like to do bodily harm.

I think Men think differently.

I have my own security system for now, until we get out alarm hooked up. It's called a Ladies Special!

:-)

Inspired By Belle said...

OHMYGOODNESS! I have that same problem!!! I am terrified of being home alone at night. I even sleep with a fan on to drown out all the little noises that creep me out.

And I have begged Jack for a security system for a year now. However, he just wants me to grow up. hah...men.

~~Mel~~ said...

I always sleep with the tv on so I don't hear the 'noises' if the boyfriend is away for the night lol.

The Mrs. said...

I am such a scaredy cat at night!!!

Live.Love.Eat said...

I am used to being in the house alone since hubs travels every week BUT the alarm system does give me peace of mind.