Saturday, April 18, 2009

Today's Outing: Ponce Inlet Lighthout

We took the kids to Ponce Inlet Lighthouse today. It is about 1.5 hours from Orlando. This is Florida's tallest lighthouse, located just south of Daytona Beach. (They were more amused by the neighboring playground, hehe! So we didn't pay the admission to climb up to the top).

We also stoped by the Marine Science Center for "Turtle Day". This is where they rehabilitate turtles and seabirds.

Then we hit the beach! I love Florida!
Kids playing in the sand
I love that you can drive and park on the beach ($5 fee) in Volusia County! It makes it so much easier to unpack everything with the kids.

5 comments:

greygillfish said...

ooohhhh...I am so jealous. A day at the beach sound wonderful. Super cute photos!

~~Mel~~ said...

I wish I lived in Florida...I'm craving a day on the beach!

Great pics!

Jules said...

LOVE IT! and OMG...do we have the same Sienna? Kind of slate blue??

lifeinbeverlyhills said...

Awesome day...and Happy Blogiversary!!!

Live.Love.Eat said...

I'm with you girl. I LOVE FLorida!!