Wednesday, May 06, 2009

Consignment? Nope--EBAY!

So I realized nothing in my closet fits. Many of you long-time followers know that in the past year I have dropped from a size 10 to a size 6.

Over the weekend, I pulled tons of stuff (I mean nice stuff--dresses, suits, etc) out of my closet with plans to resell at a local consignment store. I have had several friends recommend this route to me.

What an ordeal! They only wanted 2 of my 10 outfits, and then only offered me $9 cash. (My Tahari suit from Macy's had small shoulder pads--no good!--WTF!? It was a $200 suit purchased 2 or 3 years ago.) Anyhow, I am going to give ebay.com another try. Wish me luck!

My ebay items: http://shop.ebay.com/merchant/jennifermsd

6 comments:

Staci said...

I've heard they can be very picky with clothes! I hope they sell!

That Girl said...

I had that happen at the SALVATION ARMY where I live. It wasnt super super nice stuff (like yours) but yeah they go through it before they accept it. odd!

Farmer*swife said...

I know! The consignment stores tend to be cheap -- share a little change, ya' know?

Ebay is the way to go!

[Oh, and I hadn't been aware of the weight loss! Way to go YOU!]

Tammy said...

I love Ebay...haven't sold in awhile...too busy I guess. Good luck, it's gotta be better than 9.00.

Ali said...

Congrats on losing weight! I've also heard that goodwill and places like that can be very picky--I just take it to my mom and let her sell it at her yard sales!

~~Mel~~ said...

Good luck on your ebay auctions...consignments stores here seem to rip ppl off too.