Wednesday, May 27, 2009

Echocardigram Results

I had an echo this morning at 7:15am. The tech said my heart -- including blood flow and valves - look good. However, I still have to go back for a stress test on the treadmill at 1:45pm today.

BUT while getting the echo, when told to lay on my left side, the room starting spinning and I got another dizzy spell. The nurse took my blood pressure and it was pretty good (maybe a little high for ME) at 120/70. She strongly suspects I have an inner ear problem and suggested I see a ENT soon. So I have a call into my primary care doctor to get a referral to the ENT.

Hopefully we can start narrowing things down to find an answer!

7 comments:

Ali said...

Hopefully, the doctors will be able to put their finger on the problem so you can finally know what you're dealing with and fix it! Good luck:)

Brandi said...

I have dizzy spells sometimes and they have yet to figure out whats wrong.

Beth said...

Thank goodness it's not your heart! Hopefully you'll get the answers soon! Keepin' you in my prayers!

That Girl said...

I hope they can narrow this down quickly. How frustrating for you!!

Tammy said...

My sister and husband have dizzy spells that are unexplainable at times. My sister has Virtigo. She has some inner ear issues. Hopefully you can get answers soon. Glad to hear that your heart is strong and healthy. :)

greygillfish said...

I have been having all these same problems, but didn't want to say anything because I didn't know exactly what you were experiencing. For the past 6 months, I have had problems with refulx, heartburn, and the severe dizzy spells started as well. I did some research online and it turns out, you can have inner ear problems due to reflux. I started taking reflux medicine and it has helped. Just thought I would share...maybe this will help you too.

The Soladay Family said...

Saying a prayer for you!