Friday, May 15, 2009

My Recent Ebay sales

You all know that I have a love-hate relationship with Ebay. I love to buy but selling sometimes throws me. This time I had a "hate" experience.

I sold 7 clothing items, and collected a total of $133 ($99 for the items and $34 in S&H fees).

I went to the post office, and nailed the shipping fees; it did cost $34 to ship my 7 items.

BUT, I didn't account for the $12 ebay fees and $6 paypal fees.

So in the end, I pocketed $80.

Basically, 40% of the money I collected went to Ebay, PayPal and the Post Office.

It's getting too expensive to sell on Ebay. Do you agree?

5 comments:

Allyson and Dave said...

Charge more for shipping...that is what Dave does.

Dena said...

Yeah, I agree. It has to be an item I know will sell for a decent amount for me to go the ebay route. I don't have enough time on my hands to waste it will ebay usually. I like to buy tho!

WPMomOf2 (jen) said...

Allyson, my fear is if I charge too much for shipping, people won't bid on teh item. I charged $8.50 for a suit for shipping. If I would have went to $10 it may not have gotten the bids???

Baseball Mom said...

That really bites. This is really why I never sold on Ebay. Their percentage.

Sorry you didn't come out more ahead than you did.

melissa said...

I never know what exactly to charge to come out ahead. I have learned to charge just a little more for shipping though. ie. .. it cost $4.80 for priority and I charge $6. I have never had anyone question this.
The way I look at it at least I am making something on many of my very new, sometimes with tag items - more than if I just gave them away.