Tuesday, June 23, 2009

Summer Heat Wave

I know that Florida is usually hot in the summer, but this crazy. Our temp has been about 99/100 degrees the past few days, with a heat index 110+. The worse part is having to keep the kids inside. I am trying to keep them busy inside with arts and crafts, music time, etc, but truly...they are going INSANE. I can't get them to settle down for naps or at bedtime (since they get no time outside to run around and burn energy). I surely hope the temperatures start to drop soon!



8 comments:

MOMMY-MOMO said...

oh yeah! Thats hot! have to have access to a pool or some sort of water in that heat!

Beth said...

I'm with you there. It's be unbearable even at 6am!

Family Life said...

Oh, I know what you mean - at least we finally got a little rain here just north of Palm Beach yesterday to cool it off a little! I can't wait for my house to close so I can finally have a cool pool! Hope you're feeling okay!

greygillfish said...

The heat is horrible here too. It was over 100 yesterday with no breeze. It is too hot to enjoy the summer outside and it is not even July yet. EERRRR! I hope we get some relief soon (for our insanity).

Tammy said...

Cute crafts. We went from 58 degrees last week, to 90 degrees this week. It is hot! It is a beach day today! Hopefully you can get out soon. :)

Allyson and Dave said...

Teach them how to run on the treadmill. That will burn some energy!!

Baseball Mom said...

Heat has been bad here as well. They cancelled games y/day & 2day at one league.

Kids as usual are really cute.

~~Mel~~ said...

Don't you have a sprinkler or wading pool??? My boy is living in our yard in the sprinkler and every neighbourhood kid seems to know we have one now too so they are all in my yard...lol.