Friday, January 01, 2010

New Year, New You: Green Tea


If you want to make one small change or resolution this new year, I suggest you try green tea! It's full of antioxitdants (specially ECCG) -- and can reduce bad cholesterol and help with weight loss!

The February 2010 issued of Body + Soul says, "When possible, choose lose-leaf teas with whole or large pieces of leaves, rather than tea bags which tend to contain dust left over from higher-grade teas." The magazine also says, "When brewing green tea, use nearly boiling water; boiling water may leach away health compounds."
Want to learn more? WebMD has a great article about Green Tea Health Benefits.

(Honestly, I am not a tea drink...at all. It took me a few days to learn to like green tea but it has grown on me . Brew no onger than 2 or 3 minutes or you will get a bitter taste!)

Enjoy--and drink up!!

1 comment:

Farmer*swife a/k/a Glass_Half_Full said...

If I drink Green Tea I have to have one of those flavored combos to brew. But, I do take the Mega-T green tea supplement and it's been great, AND, it's helped my ring around the waist-line. :-D

Happy New Year! Hope all is wonderful in your neck of the woods!