Sunday, November 13, 2011

376 Days to Go: Losing weight is not so easy lately

So in my 20s, I never counted calories or watched what I hate.  In my 30s, I would gain weight, but could also lose it easily if I wanted with exercise.  As I approach my 40s, good lord, it's not so much the number on the scale as the "mush" on my stomach.

I have spent the past year working out at the YMCA  and really didn't see any changes in my body.  In fact, I gained a few pounds, although I was working out 3 or 4 times a week(including meeting my good friend Allyson for pilates on Saturday morning).

Fortunately, I am still a size 8/10.  However, when I sit down, I have this disgusting blob of belly flat that just flops over my pant's waistline. It's horrifying, and I hate my body right now.  (This is not me in the picture, but very well could be!)

So on Monday, I started Weight Watchers online. I like that the system holds me accountable. (I have to track what I eat everyday and stay within certain "points".)  It's been pretty easy so far, but I do admit that some nights I am hungry at bed time.  I would like to lose 10 to 15 pounds in the next year, before I turn 40 (or roughly 377 days).

I keep hearing from othes that metabolism slows down as we age, and I have heard Dr. Oz say we need to eat less in my 40s, so my goal is to lose the weight now before it gets even harder.

I know I will never have the perfects abs, and I am okay with that...but I just want to feel comfortable when I look at myself in the mirror at night!  Wish me luck!  And if you have any WW tips or hints, please feel free to share with me.

No comments: