Thursday, July 26, 2012

Planning my daughter's 7th birthday Par-Tea

I can't believe my little girl is almost 7, wow!!  We have discussed many birthday ideas and have settled on a tea party, or ParTea, for the big day.  I was inspired by this picture I found on Pinterest

What little girl doesn't want a tutu and feather boa?? 

Pinned Image

Back of my invite tells guests to please wear a leotard and to bring a special doll:


We are going with a pink/hot pink/black and white theme!! So I have been searching on ebay and etsy for supplies.

A special tutu for the birthday girl to wear:
Zebra print Princess Baby Girls Ballet Dance Skirt Child Tutu Dress DanceCostume

with matching hot pink boa, of course!
Hot Pink Feather Boa 60"- Ships worldwide

AND (BONUS!) I found a similar tutu for her doll
(My daughter has the Kanani doll from American Girl Doll store):
Hot Pink Zebra Doll Tutu - Fits American Girl Dolls and Baby Dolls

I have asked her guests to come in either a pink or black ballet leotard.  I have purchased "accessories" for her guests (sunglasses, tutus and boas):
Black Nomad Sunglasses

New Feather Boas Child's Princess Dress Up decoration Pink

Girl Pink Ballet Dance Tulle Elastic Skirt Tutu Party

Each girl was asked to bring her favorite doll, so I had to buy these cute matching tutus: 
PARTY PACK  - 6 Doll Tutus - Design Your Own

I was hoping to buy these cute edible necklaces, but can't find any at a good price, so may make this an activity and have each girl can make their own (bubblegum necklace):
Pinned Image

Debating the pinata (from Oriental Trading Co):
Pinned Image
So that's where I am at as of now!  Luckily, I have about 5 weeks before the BIG Par-Tea.  I'm sure I will update this post along the way, but in the meantime, please follow my "Tea Party" board on Pinterest HERE.

No comments: