Friday, November 16, 2012

Anyone else want to pass on Thanksgiving this year?

Bah humbug!  I am over Thanksgiving this year.  Usually, it's my favorite time of year, but our plans keep changing over and over, and I am just...well, kind of over it. 


You see, each year we usually travel to see my parents in Louisiana, but that changed last year, when my kids started school.  My kids only get 3 days off school, and it's just such a LONG trip for only 5 days.  So last year, my parents came to see us in Florida.  It was nice.

So on to this year.... 

Plan A. My parents promised to come back this year, but at the last minute their plans changed.

Plan B.  A friend and her family (including 3 kids) were coming over.  I had crafts planned, and was looking forward to visiting with them. However, they decided to go out of town to see her parents.

Plan C.  Mother in law and two sister in laws coming over.  And a person actually offered to deep fry our turkey.  Great, sounds perfect.  Well, that only lasted a few days.  Now, one sister in law is heading out of town, and my turkey fryer is going out of town as well.

Seriously, I don't even want to celebrate this year.  I don't even like turkey anyways.  Sorry to be such a downer, when I should be thankful...but I am just sad that everyone keeps changing their plans...and deep down, I really just want to be in Louisiana with my folks!  

2 comments:

Jill Ann said...

We have 3 kiddos in school. We go out to dinner. My advice...make reservations

Farmer*swife a/k/a Glass_Half_Full said...

School does change everything. I love our new school though. We got out half day today (Tuesday) and have off the rest of the week.

Luckily we aren't traveling anywhere this year. My husband's standing preference is to have Turkey day at his mom's which is no burden to me - she's awesome and the meal is awesome.

I do love to cook a meal of my own for my mom and brother and whoever else wants to come out. You'd think I'd be happy not to cook this year but I get so used to it - I kinda' miss it.

There is always Christmas. Count your blessings and your health and make a nice meal with the family, call the folks and then play some board games. Do crafts with your kids.

OOOOOHHHH, you have a birthday this week TOO! Happy Birthday!!!!!