Tuesday, December 11, 2012

Ouch: Eyebrow wax burn (or reaction)


Yes, this is my eyebrow 20 minutes after a wax!!!  The cosmetologist said one of my skin care products is making my skin extra sensitive and thus reacting to the hot wax.  (As a note I went to a trusted spa, not a cheap nail service place)  Lovely.  I have put on aloe vera and antibiotic ontiment, and am praying for no scarring. 
Has this every happened to you??
 

 
The next morning...still red and now swollen!
 
 I will be wearing sunglasses all day to wide this!!!
 
Update:
Well I went to the dermatologists; and apparently, one of my face creams has “retinoids” in it, so I shouldn’t have used wax…who knew!?!  I am supposed to stop using the cream for seven days prior to waxing!! I had no idea.  She gave me a RX for Bionect (which is very expensive, like $200+!!), but it will give quicker healing. 
 

4 comments:

Natural Beauty Bar said...

That's a burn!!

Natural Beauty Bar said...

Also the best thing for this is to put a vitamin E oil on it. Either a rosehip oil which has vitamin E incorporated.
Obviously the scab is gone now, so I would be putting some sort of Vitamin E, and NOT Bio Oil.
The wax was way to hot and the therapist should not of used it on you at all!

Missy Taylor said...

This happens to me in smaller patches more often than a strip, but alas with a singing contest tmrw and my boyfriend flying in from Europe the day following, both brows. I jump to polysporin for a quick fix until I can get a prescription. Hope you had a speedy recovery!

Missy Taylor said...

Agreed with Beauty Bar! .. I had a moment of blankness and forgot to blow on my stick before applying. HUGE no no what that woman did! I always test a patch on my arm before applying to a clients skin. She should've known better.